Just as they did at the dawn of this school year, the colorful bugs of Grid World came and went at the start of this spring semester. Their visit was just as short, and they ran just as fast as they did the last time I met them, as I slid the light blue bottom bar to the far right. The circle bug and the spiral bug were friendly, but I never did get the z bug to run-or, rather stop correctly. And unfortunately now that we've returned to JCreator, I'm once again lagging behind. I'm lost in my own grid world, bound within and running the perimeter of my ten by ten grid.
Analogies and metaphors are great. How else would one give image to the elusive concepts of computer sciences?
I am not saying that I'm limited by my gird. I have the ability and potential to expand my Grid World into an unbound grid. However, my blue speed bar may be a little left of that of other bugs- if you know what I mean.
It may take me a while to keep up with the concepts of computer science. I admit that I fall behind and I ask many many questions. But I haven't given up yet. One by one, I complete the worksheets and begin to become accustomed to the material. Blog posts may not be my top priority, but I do see the benefit of taking time to honestly reflect and communicate my progress and struggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment