Wednesday, September 15, 2010

AP Computer Science So Far

Summer said goodbye just three weeks ago. It's now my senior year, and I need this technology credit. In the short time I've been enrolled in AP Computer Science, I have learned very little. This new "java" thing is not easy for me to comprehend. I look at the codes, I run the file, and JCreator rationally processes what is commanded.

The problem is, I haven't learned to apply myself into Computer Science. I can't fit in the little black box in front of me. I will try to wrap my head around these concepts, but thus far I have not seen what I can do with the skills I am learning. What can I do?

Yes, I understand how necessary computer science is in my life. But where does it all fit in my world? In the human world? I am by no means being sarcastic or pessimistic about this class. On the contrary, I want to know why. Not just mindlessly doing the labs. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment